Andrew is officially one now. We had a great day. It felt less like a birthday party and more like a party weekend. With people at the house all day, it was constant activity. Everyone has left now, including Brian, and it is a little too quiet. Jack and Andrew had a blast playing with family all day. Andrew ate a little bit of cake - he only got a little cupcake with a tiny bit of frosting because of his allergy issues. He wasn't very interested in it though. So Andrew, when you look back at your party pictures and there aren't many cake photos, that's why. Jackson was on his best behavior. Frankly, I expected some jealousy or competition from him, but he was great. He even said, "I'm so glad there is Andrew!" It was actually me, not Jack, that stole the spotlight for a while. After we opened gifts we prepared dinner. Brian got the grill going and I was getting the rest ready. I cut open an avocado and as I went to remove the pit, I stabbed it with a knife but it slipped and stabbed my hand instead. Thankfully, our friend and doctor Kate was there. She was actually backing out of our driveway when Brian ran out and stopped her. She took me to her office and stitched it up - saving me about $100 and probably 3 hours in the e.r. The whole thing was very painful and very stupid and I have since learned the proper way to remove an avocado pit.
So, I am on day of one of my week of single parenting. It was a long morning. The kids are tired and so am I. And I always hate to have my parents leave. They went down for early naps and I haven't heard a peep out of them since. I teach from 4-6 and Kate, bless her heart, is going to watch the boys. She doesn't know this yet, but 4-6 is not an easy time for toddlers. I hope they are good. She has saved me a lot this week. Then we are having lasagna together, putting the kids to bed early, and watching The Bachelor!!!
That's all for now. Pictures to come.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment