Just as we reached the half-way point of my week alone with the kids, things got rough. Nap time was not successful so the afternoon was full of whining kids and moms. We made it through dinner, I got Andrew down to bed, got Jack ready for bed and brushed his teeth. I have mentioned Jack's strong gag reflex before. Well, I guess I brushed those back teeth a little too vigorously because he gagged. Then coughed. And coughed again. And then projectile vomited all over the bathroom. GROSS. He burst into tears and told me that I was hurting his feelings.
Andrew had a long night too. He was up at 10:30 and 3:00. I was up really late worrying about the state of our country so by the time he was up at 3:00 I just brought him into bed with me. I was barely conscious. I tucked him next to me and he slept for 3 hours. Then he woke up crying again so I put him back in his crib. He slept for another hour and then I woke up to both kids screaming back and forth. Who needs an alarm clock?
This morning Jack was sharing his Kix with Andrew on the couch. Andrew wanted more and Jack said, "Andrew, if you want more Kix then you need to go on the potty."
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
1 comment:
Adorable pix! Except for your stabbed hand -- not that it's not also an adorable hand. :)
Oh, I'm so sorry you were worrying about the country. I was up late worrying that my dance class I teach has too many kids in it, of too many varying ages. Even though everyone seems pretty happy with it and I can't really change it now anyhow.
I love the boy stories, thank you so much for sharing them as always. I had Ed on the pot today and he narrated the whole thing for me: Mama I squeezed out a popo. Yes, Eddie, I know. Mama more popo is coming. Thanks for telling me, Ed. Mama, I tinkle-toot! Yay!
Post a Comment