Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with my hands on my belly, doing a little kick count, when Jackson crawled up next to me. He lifted up my shirt and said, "baby brudder" and kissed my stomach. How precious is that? In a few months it will probably be "baby brudder" follwed by a poke, poke in the eye. Or a squeeze of the nose which is his new favorite thing to do to me.
It is hot again which annoys me to no end. I have NO clothes that fit anymore for warm weather. We have an outdoor wedding to attend on Sunday for a former co-worker of Brian's. I wonder if she planned for 85 and sunny when she decided on a late September wedding in a park.
One of my piano students farted during his lesson yesterday. Wouldn't have been so bad if he had been playing, but he was straddling the bench, facing me, while we reviewed flash cards. He is in 8th grade, so it was humiliating for him. Or so I would have thought. If I had done that in front of a male teacher, I think I would have faked a seizure or something to detract from the real problem. Anyway, he just said excuse me and didn't even blush. I pulled a Mrs. Dick and refused to acknowledge anything happened. Mrs. Dick was my college voice teacher and as classy and proper as they come. Legend has it someone farted in her studio and the witness says "an elephant could have walked through the room and she wouldn't have acknowledged any of it."
On that note, I bid you good day. Enjoy it.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment