"In those days, we finally chose to walk like giants & hold the world in arms grown strong with love & there may be many things we forget in the days to come, but this will not be one of them." These are the words of Brian Andreas. He wrote them in honor of Sept. 11th and the days that followed. I am holding them in my heart today. Hard to believe it's been 6 years.
I had a meeting this morning about the Christmas Show I am working on this year with Ashland Productions. Technically, I am the Musical Director, but the Artistic Director and I are putting the show together ourselves. I think it has the potential to develop into a really touching Christmas show. I hope so. I've always wanted to develop something like this, but have never really tried. It will be a nice distraction when I am 8 months pregnant!
I think Jackson counted to six today. Kind of indirectly, but still. It went like this: we were making cookies and he likes to pour ingredients in. I used the 1/4 cup for the flour to minimize potential messes, so he got to pour it in 5 times. Each time I gave him the cup, I would say the number, "1...2...3...4...5.." and each time I said the new number, he would say the one after it. Does that count? I had no idea he could count to six. I knew he knew 1, 2, 3, but I thought that's where it stopped. Brian must get the credit on this one.
It's beautiful today. Must be about 60 degrees right now and sunny with a cool breeze. Absolutely perfect, in my opinion.
Enjoy the day and hug your family.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment