Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Must C TV

The new prime time shows start this week! Yahooooo! Here's my line-up for the fall. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I teach until 8:30 so I am only available for a 9:00 show. Monday - Medium, if it returns to Monday nights at 9:00. Tuesday - Boston Legal. Wednesday - Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money are going to get a chance, but I am not holding my breath, Thursday - deep breath....Ugly Betty, Survivor-China, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, and Men In Trees. Thursdays are a little full but the last three are must-sees, Friday - Friday Night Lights if I am home and let's face it, I will be. Saturday is movie night and Sunday is all about Brothers and Sisters!!! Last night Brian watched Journey Man. A little too complicated for my taste but I wasn't giving it my full attention either. I'm holding out for Medium. I hope any of you "I don't really watch TV" people aren't judging me. I love TV and I am not going to apologize for it! In case you're worried, I think we do actually have plans to see "real" people sometime in October!

We had a relatively social weekend. Saturday evening we went to a 50th birthday party. We brought Jackson along and he was a trooper in the gay couple/child-less home full of fine breakables. Actually, Brian was the one who almost broke the cover on the platter of meatballs. On Sunday we went to a wedding in Rochester for a former co-worker of Brian's. It was an outdoor wedding at the Plummer House Gardens. The ceremony was all of 10 minutes but was very pretty. The "lunch" was pretty hor dourves and a tiny slice of cake. We stopped at Applebees on the way home. There were 7 entomologists at this wedding. How often does that happen? I suspect not often. Thanks to Angela for watching Jackson all day on what was probably the last hot day until June. Today's weather is perfect - 58 and party sunny/cloudy. A grilled cheese and tomato soup day if there ever was one. I even bought little baby pumpkins and a pumpkin scented candle at Target today. Jackson calls the little pumpkins "apples."

I had my monthly OB appointment today. All is well and the baby sounds great and is measuring right on. I have another ultrasound at the end of October to check on my "marginal previa." I haven't talked to anyone who's placenta didn't move if they had previa in early pregnancy. That is a good sign and my midwife is optimistic. In the meantime I remain on pelvic rest. Basically that means the "not tonight honey, I'm too tired" excuse is rendered unnecessary. I told Brian I was going to use that excuse for the rest of my life. Put myself on voluntary pelvic rest when it suited me. I gained 4 pounds since my last check up. I am really trying to control my weight gain this time around as I gained about 350 pounds with Jackson. I have gained 16 pounds so far which still seems like a lot but I think it's about right. I have about 17 weeks left which means about, what, 10-12 more pounds in an ideal world? I have to remember that my third trimester includes Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve. 10-12 pounds? Riiiiiight. And what with all that t.v. to watch.....

Enjoy the beautiful day!

No comments: