Friday, September 14, 2007

It's a.......

.....BOY!

All involved are a little shocked as we were so sure it was a girl. We are thrilled though. There's something special about a mom and her little boy, so if I get to have two...doubly blessed! The baby looks great and everything seems to be where it should be. I, however, have placenta previa. I won't have the details until I talk to my midwife on Monday. I am told not to worry about it yet, but being the Virgo that I am, I went straight to the internet and proceeded to freak myself out. I won't use negative energy writing about the potential complications and will just pray it works itself out, which it often does for women with this condition. Apparently, having a previous c section can cause this to happen. I do get to have another ultrasound in my third trimester. That will make three for this pregnancy which is a treat. It's always nice to see the little babe wiggling around in there. Jackson has no reaction to the news of a little brother. I asked him to say brother and he said, "No!" I think that had more to do with being 20 months than with the prospect of a new baby. Another boy....this might send Roxie over the edge. Brian said, "I am one step closer to my basketball team." I said, "Three boys in the house...that's a lot of farting."

Peg brought lunch over to celebrate the news along with a darling little baby outfit. That makes it seem real. She brought her son Matthew who is 6 months older than Jackson. They are starting to almost play together and it's so cute.

Off to pack for the weekend. Think positive placental thoughts for me, would ya?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A boy, how very wonderful! Jackson will be so lucky to have a brother. Those two will be heartbreakers together, I tell you what. Congrats!!

Hey, do you remember I sorta almost had placenta previa with Ed? Well I didn't but it was a low-lying placenta and I had to be on pelvic rest and have a bunch of extra ultrasounds and most likely it will all be totally fine but I am thinking of you and empathizing. Sympathizing? Damn.