I really could use a nap but I have some things that need to get done before I teach today, so I am procrastinating by writing on my blog. Time well spent.
We had a nice weekend at Brian's parents' house. We got there Friday at about 8:00. They are doing a major add-on at their house, so my cold/allergy symptoms really escalated while we were there. Dust everywhere. On Saturday, we went to Albert Lea to get my new favorite Starbucks latte and to get some bread and cookies at the yummy bakery. Sour Cream Raisin Bread and Ginger Snap Cookies. Mmmmmmmmmm. After Jackson's nap we went to the Outlet Mall near Owatonna to get Jackson some fall clothes. Gotta love the Carter's Outlet. Sunday, Sharon and Jackson and I went to church. Jackson seriously did not stop talking from start to finish. He was so funny. Even when I gave him a snack, he made continuous yummy sounds. It's a very small country church and usually full of noisy kids, but this Sunday the noise was pretty much Just Jack. I was trying not to laugh out loud which made me want to cough so I was also trying not to cough. I ended up hot and sweaty and snorting every once in a while.
I watch the Emmy's from 8-10 last night. Zzzzzzz. Not sure what was with the "theatre in the round" concept. The acceptance speeches were okay, the dresses were expectedly pretty, the women were frighteningly thin, and the highlight for me was an appearance by Broadway's Jersey Boys. I was happy to see Sally Fields win for my favorite show, Brothers and Sisters. However, her speech was waaaaay to rehearsed and then took a weird turn at the end where she forgot what she was going to say (see? too rehearsed!)and then she got bleeped for saying something about the "g.d. war." I was also glad America Ferarra (sp?) won for Ugly Betty.
I am feeling really pregnant today. This is when I wish I was about 5 inches taller so my organs and my baby would have more room to share. Problem is, I am only five months pregnant....I still have four more to go. (Note to self: lay off the sour cream raisin bread and ginger snap cookies.) I called the clinic about my low placenta today. I am to avoid lifting Jackson until I see my midwife next week since he is so heavy. I've been having contractions since Saturday (not with any regularity, but more than we'd all like) so I'm supposed to take it easy. All is well when I sit or lie down, so I try to keep my feet up when I can.
Speaking of, I think I will take that nap after all. The dishes can wait.
Enjoy the day!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment