It's one of those days. I know everyone has them, but I think the sheer irritation of everything is heightened with pregnancy hormones. Really, I am in an ugly mood. Jackson is back to getting up at 6:00. He is very sweet and friendly at 6:00 in the morning but it's dark dude! Go back to sleep! We had to run to the mall this morning to get me new jeans that fit (full panel please - not of this under-the-belly stuff) and underwear. We also needed to stop at Children's Place to get Jackson a Halloween costume. All things were accomplished, but let's face it - trying on jeans, pregnant or not, is enough to make even the sunniest women a little cranky. (Unless said sunny woman happens to fit into jeans perfectly.) Jeans have always been a challenge for me. Jackson kept saying, "Mama fit!" Well, sort of. The underwear was painless since I knew what I was looking for. By the time we got to the Halloween Costumes, Jackson was DONE. We went home with a costume but I have no idea if it will fit or if he will entertain the thought of putting it on. He looked at it at home and said, "all done, Mama!" Humor me, Jackson - Halloween scrapbook pages are just soooo cute! I will keep the costume a surprise so I can post pictures that hopefully won't involve a hysterical Jackson trying to pull the hood off.
I gave Jackson Annie's Pizza Snacks for lunch. Really, they are just little pizza pockets, but they're organic so you feel like you're feeding your kid really healthy food. He was excited because Jackson lives for pizza...until he saw me eating left over lasagna. At that point, he realized he wasn't exactly eating regular pizza and wanted my "pizza." I remembered his new love for "ditters" (stickers) and bribed him with a sticker for his shirt if he ate his pizza and squash. Worked like a charm. I should point out that until Tuesday night, Jackson really disliked stickers. They disrupted his shirt. he would cry until I would get rid of the sticker. On Tuesday morning my nurse gave him a Curious George sticker. I put it on his shirt. Tears! For whatever reason, on Tuesday night, he decided it was not only okay but critical that a puppy sticker find its place on his shirt...and pajamas....and shirt the next day....
TV update: Tuesday - Boston Legal. Great show! That guy from Night Court (Dan?) joined the cast and is a good addition. Wednesday - saw the last 20 minutes of Private Practice and am done with that show. Audra McDonald (Broadway diva extraordinaire) is on it and does a fine job, but she's not enough to save the show. Kate Walsh is totally annoying. Dirty Sexy Money - there's one hour I will never get back. Next week we will try something else. Looking forward to The Office tonight! I will be ready for a good hour of laughter!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment